Sab, 31 Okt|
From Farm to Catwalk - Climate Diplomacy
This fashion show introduces the EMPU networks “from farm to wardrobe” fashion products to harness the rich cultural heritage of traditional and eco-friendly textile and arts in Indonesia for mitigating climate change"
Waktu & Lokasi
31 Okt 2020 15.00 – 17.00 WIB
The fashion show will build a common understanding among audiences, i.e. policy makers and relevant government agencies and actors about the importance of taking care of the overall value chains of the sustainable fashion and how this is introduced to its markets. Bringing in customers of the demand side into the work of EMPU is critical so that exercises to test sustainable market are explored. This fashion show introduces the EMPU networks “from farm to wardrobe” fashion products, to show also its markets and marketing possibilities in Indonesia and abroad.
- 30 minutes - Fashion Show "From Farm to Catwalk"
- 90 minutes - Dialogue "Sustainable Fashion, From Farm to Catwalk"
The fashion show will display the work of traditional textile artisans and eco-fashion, from the work in the farm to the processes done by artisans and to the catwalk and closet.
- Woro Srihastuti Sulistyaningrum Director of Family, Women, Children, Youth and Sports, Ministry of National Development Planning / Bappenas “Sustainable Fashion, Climate Changes and National Government Policy”
- Tenik Hartono, Fashion Enthusiast and Writer “Sustainable Fashion in Pandemics time"
- Drs. Pitoyo, Bappeda, Kota Semarang “Partnerships between the local government of Semarang City with Zie Batik”
- Chandrakirana Priyosusilo, Pendiri Sekar Kawung “From Farm to Catwalk”.
- Valentina Estiningsih (Redaktur Suara Merdeka Semarang) “Local Fibre and What are Our Homework to Support Sustainable Fashion”
- Zicko Haiziah Gazali (Nine Penenun/Gema Alam) “Rerempeq : a Perfect Piece of a Zero Waste Weaving Art"
- Yuniyanti Chuzaifah - Women’s Human Rights Activists, YC AurArt “Accessories, Sustainable Fashion and Feminism: What is the Relevance?”
- Maria Yatseva, Siswa S2 Relasi Internasional pada universitas di Swedia, sekaligus pengamat Fesyen Berkelanjutan dari Swedia “Sustainable Fashion, a Global Campaign”
Moderator/ MC :
Leya Cattleya, EMPU
(with English interpreter available)
- Christi Budidarmo, Jakarta
- Kana Shibori, Yogyakarta
- Jalin Serat Nusantara, Semarang
- Nine Penenun Lombok Timur
- Gema Alam NTB. Lombok
- Mutiara Bangsa Kendal
- Hijrah Creative, Eco-print Yogyakarta
- Kristin, Rindi, Sumba Timur
- Zie Batik, Semarang
- Lusy Tjan, Temanggung
- YC Aurart, Yuniyanti Chuzaifah
- ARANA, Klaten, Jateng
- Mlati Wangi, Semarang
- Cerita Alam Temanggung
- @sorashiborihandmade, Semarang
- JUST-M, MimiRasam Depok
- Diana Timoria, Sumba Timur
- Teugeu, Basap, KalimantanTimur
- Tenun Serat Kayu, Sulawesi Tengah
- FIDA Art, Jakarta
- Ramban Godong, Banjarnegara
- KPPA Palu
- Adikarya Agribusiness, Nganjuk
- Sekar Kawung Kolaborasi dengan Empu Jalin Karsa
- Rumah Betang Ensaid Panjang
- Jamu Gendong Seger Waras Sragen
- Rhabags Ungaran
- Alamasa Semarang
- Nana Chan Semarang
- Sabda Art, Jombang
- Keewa Shoes Yogyakarta
- Collabox Creative Hub Semarang
- Komite Ekonomi Kreatif Semarang
The overall objective of the fashion show is to present the work of EMPU that convince the work from farm to catwalk is possible. A platform mechanism within EMPU is also exercised within the value chain, enriching the system. The fashion show will who will share the experience of EMPU and will educate the media and public consumers about the doability of a “From Farm to catwalk.” It is a sustainable approach to fashion. This will be good to be present on the ongoing policy dialogue between EU and Indonesia policymakers in the government, donor, financial institutions as well as universities and research organizations.